- Dear ISCIS Participants,
Rooms are booked at Dorm 2, for all our participants who have previously done reservations.
You can request your key from the attendant at Dorm enterance.
- You can find the information about how to travel from the Ercan Airport to the METU Northern Cyprus Campus.
- Due to delays in IEEE PDF Express service, we are accepting the camera ready versions until July 19. Please note that it may take a day for you to receive the results of a pdf-checking from the PDF Express site.
- Camera-ready submission and IEEE Pdf eXpress are open. See the instructions.
- The deadline for the camera-ready versions and registration is:
July 15, 2009 July 15, 2009.
- The accepted papers and posters will be published by IEEE. You can view
IEEE conference entry for ISCIS09. A conference ID to be used on IEEE-Express will be assigned shortly;
we will notify the authors when this ID becomes available.
- The notifications of acceptance have been sent to authors' emails on June 15, 2009.
If you have not received a notification email, you can also follow the
"View Decision & Reviews" link on the
- View The Computer Journal flyer, featuring Free Online Trial.
This year the 24th of the International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences will be organized by the Middle East Technical University. The Symposium will be held on September 14-16, 2009 in METU Northern Cyprus Campus.
We kindly invite you to submit papers for the twentyfourth of the ISCIS series of
conferences that bring together scientists and engineers from around
the world. This year's conference will be held in Northern Cyprus, a beautiful Mediterranean island.
Extended versions of selected papers in ISCIS 2009 will be published in The Computer Journal
- Submission of special session proposals: March 16, 2009
- Submission of papers: April 30, 2009
- Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2009
- Camera ready & Registration deadline:
July 1, 2009 July 15, 2009 July 19, 2009
- Symposium date: September 14-16, 2009
- Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Image Processing
Computer Vision, Video Processing, Pattern Analysis and Recognition
- World Wide Web
Web Data Management, Web Information Systems,Web Mining Data
- Database Management Systems
Data Extraction and Reporting, Information Retrieval, Multimedia Databases, Parallel, Distributed, and Grid Databases, Query Processing and Optimization, Database Indexing and Search, Database Modeling and Design, Spatial and Temporal Databases
- Bioinformatics and Bioengineering
Biomedical Data Mining and Engineering, Molecular Sequence/Structure Databases, Functional Genomics, Proteomics, Microarray Technologies, Bio-imaging, Biomedical & Biological Sensors, Tissue Engineering
- AI, Machine Learning and Data Mining
Evolutionary computation, Knowledge representation and reasoning, Natural language processing, Robotics, Machine learning and data mining, Datawarehousing and OLAP
- Networks, Parallel and Distributed Computing
Wireless Communication and Networks, Optical Networks, Multimedia Communication and Software, Network Security, Parallel and distributed programming, Grid and cluster computing, Peer to peer computing
- Special Session on Cognitive Cybernetics and Brain Modeling
- Special Session on Computer Graphics
- Special Session on Biological Data Management, Mining, and Analysis
- Special Session on NLP
- Special Session on Multiagent Systems
- Special Session on Audio Speech and Language Technologies
- Special Session on Software Engineering
- Special Session on Software Quality
- Special Session on Software Validation & Verification (V&V)
- Honorary Chair: Erol Gelenbe
- General Chair: Fatoş Tünay Yarman-Vural , METU
- Program Committee Co-Chairs: Adnan Yazıcı, İ. Hakkı Toroslu, METU
- Publication Chair: Tolga Can, METU
- Publicity Chair: Pinar Senkul, METU
- Local Organization Chair: Özlem Uzuner, METU NCC
- Web Management: Özgür Kaya, Ahmet Saçan, METU
- General Secretary: Mete Özay, METU